100 Cass Street, Griswold, Iowa 51535

Reverend Shirley Hoffman Will

Sunday School 9:15, Worship Service 10:30

Summer Hours: Sunday School 9:00, Worship Service 10:00

Phone: 712-778-4178

E-Mail Address for Church: giaumc@netins.net


E-Mail Address for Reverend Shirley: willfamily00@gmail.com


Pastor Shirley first Sunday as our Pastor will be July 10 (Griswold Reunion weekend)
So the welcome meal –a potluck salad lunch is scheduled for –Sunday, July 17.

~~ Special Summer Music ~~ If you would like to sing or play an instrument some Sunday during worship, we would enjoy hearing from you.  All you have to do in Contact Nancy Freeman –she is in charge of the Summer music calendar.

Thanks to all who have responded to the UMW bakeless bake sale.  We have raised $1,123.00 and it didn’t require a lot of work in the kitchen and didn’t add any calories to our diet either.

ATTENTION:  to anyone who uses the kitchens (downstairs or upstairs) please take home all your left over food & drink that is in the refrigerator & freezer when you leave.  So many times the left overs are left for weeks. If you are leaving food for use on Sunday morning, please leave a note stating it is for Sunday morning coffee, otherwise it will be tossed. Also, when you use the kitchens, make sure dishes are all washed and put away. Thanks.

Dear Griswold Church Family,
  Hello, and thank you for the nice welcome to your town and church - before I even arrive! I write this, it is my last full day "up north."The movers will be coming to me tomorrow, and I will arrive in Griswold on Tuesday.
   I am excited to meet everyone in my new church family and to begin our ministry time together. I'm not so excited about unpacking all the boxes, so I hope you will be gracious to me as I work on the time an energy consuming task! After everything is where it is supposed to be, I'd like to have a parsonage open house so you can see all the work that has been done there. Once again, thank you to all those who got everything ready for me to move into a nice home.
  As we get to know one another, I hope you will begin to trust me with your pastoral needs and care. I left my crystal ball in Lake Mills so please feel free to call me and tell me what is happening with you and yours. I will pray with you and for you and set a time to pray together in person if you want.
   Please be gracious to me, and remind me of your name the first five times we meet. I remember faces and personal stories, but names are hard for me. Plus there's a couple hundred of you and only one of me!
  I would welcome invitations to eat with you and your family or to do some kind of family activity with you. It helps me get to know people and to feel like I belong.
   One warning - I wilt in the heat! If it never got warmer than 65 degrees that would be fine with me. So if I look a little "limp" in the next few months, please know that it is not!!
   Well, I best get back to my boxes. Hopefully, all the boxes and me will be in Griswold by the time you read this! Happy July 4th weekend!
 
Blessings,
Rev. Shirley

July Scriptures
 2 Kings 5:1-14, Psalm 30, Galatians 6:7-16, Luke 10:1-11, 16-20
10.  Amos 7:7-17, Psalm 82, Colossians 1:1-14, Luke 10:25-37
17.  Amos 81-12, Psalm 52, Colossians 1:15-28, Luke 10:38-42
24. Hosea 1:2-10, Psalm 85, Colossians 2:6-15, Luke 11:1-13
31.  Hosea 1:1-11, Psalm 107:1-9, 43, Colossians 3:1-11, Luke 12:13-21

July Responsibility List
  Greeters                
  3.    Kevin & Becca Drake & Family
  10.   Janet Weaver
  17.  Jan Brown
  24.  Peggy Casey
  31.   Deb Arp
  Liturgist
  3.    Lisa Buchanan
  10.   Bob Amos
  17.  Joe Rush
  24.  Billie Wilson
  31   Janet Drake
Ushers
   3.  Lynn & Pat Schaaf, 
            Rip &Carolyn Lukehart
   10.  Jim & JoBeth Reynolds
   17.  Dallas & Gail Maxwell,
           Chuck & Cindy Miller
   24.  Jerry & Shiona Putnam
            Joe &Kathy Rush
  31.   Scott & Angie Leighton
            Matt & Sandra Leighton 
Communion
10.  Janet Weaver